Protiviti's Communications division designs change management strategies that incorporate custom training and communication tools which help organizations connect with their employees. The results of our longstanding client relations and solutions are improved compliance to internal controls, reduced loss, improved health and safety, improved sustainability and enhanced business performance overall. Protiviti is a division of Robert Half International (NYSE:RHI), focused on Business Risk Consulting. Our Communications development office is located in Waterloo ON, from there we serve an impressive global client list.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Digital Director/Instructional Designer leads a team of interactive media designers and developers who execute a wide range of interactive, mixed media design projects for a variety of clients and diverse applications. Projects include eLearning modules, instructional video and interactive presentations with SCORM compliant comprehension testing. The Interactive team also creates website designs and other web-based communications devices such as ad banners and Flash video/animation interfaces. The role of the Digital Strategist includes directing the development of training courses including curriculum outline, content review from an adult learning perspective and design of interactive exercises or gamification strategies designed to test knowledge retention and improve learner’s experiences.
The leader of this small yet growing team must have working knowledge of a wide range of applications including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Presenter and Soundbooth, and Adobe Media Encoder for video encoding solutions and compression. The Digital Strategist/Creative Director will be an extra “hands on” with the team when needed and therefore must be current in their application knowledge.
He/she demonstrates an understanding of training and communication strategies and is expected to make decisions on the implementation of training strategies so that it aligns with client budget, audience demographics and resource capabilities.
Lead the design of insight driven digital strategies from team proposal preparation through to delivery. Structure and present recommendations to senior client leadership including the preparation of project costing.
Partner with Print Creative, Application Development, Project and Account Management to ensure a successful project for the client and company
Skills & Experience:
• Experience directly supervising a team of creative interactive developers
• 7+ years experience in training or communication strategy consulting across multiple industries (e.g., financial services, retailing and consumer goods)
• Credentials in learning strategies (e.g. instructional designer, educational psychology, or experience in training development)
• Strong passion for and knowledge of technology, emerging media and the Internet
• Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly
• Excellent presentation and deck or proposal writing skills
• Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment
• An interest and ability to assist in the actual creation of the deliverables
• North American travel of 10% expected
Please submit your resume and design portfolio online at http://creativeop.theresumator.com