Protiviti designs custom communication tools which help organizations connect with their employees. The solutions include custom web based applications used to track corporate performance and individual metrics. The results are improved compliance to internal controls, reduced loss, improved health and safety, improved sustainability and enhanced employee engagement overall. See www.protiviticommunications.com and www.compasaudit.com .
We are looking for an experienced senior developer who wants to play a key part in developing enhanced functionality to custom web-based software solutions. Your background includes a range of web and data-driven application development experience; you have a history in developing complex applications with unique business roles or work flows and are motivated by the most complex challenges. If you want to help shape and develop great web applications and you have the passion to see the products implemented, we’d love to talk with you. Our clients include some of the largest retail brands in the United States, so your applications will be utilized by hundreds of thousands of retail employees!
• Deep understanding and obsessive interest in web application design patterns and SQL database-centric solutions
• Participation in the architecture discussions and decisions of new functionality
• Integrate, test, debug, install and document applications using appropriate processes, tools and industry best-practices.
• Participate in project meetings within a structured Agile environment and effectively communicate project status and challenges.
• Collaborate with BI Client Project Managers, other developers, quality assurance specialists and Product Owners in the creation of software solutions.
• Assist team members and product owners in preparation of effort estimates for projects, including high level analysis of impact to other activities and/or systems
• Provide direction in creating development environments and carrying out system testing tasks.
• Occasionally, working outside of normal business hours, and on weekends, is necessary to accommodate application development, system implementations, and maintenance.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• In-depth knowledge and experience with VB .Net and C#
• In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL 2008
• A range of technical experience is definitely an asset
SPECIFIC SKILLS, ABILITIES OR APTITUDES:
• Strong and proven team leadership & communication skills
• Strong application design skills
• Knowledge of reporting, query tools and SQL performance optimization and practices
• Self-Motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Flexible, highly creative, with the ability to learn and deliver quickly
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Discipline
• 6+ years experience as a .Net web software developer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.